I was honoured to talk with Justin Hemmes, a successful pub mogul and CEO of Merivale Group. 🚀
He is extraordinary, and his story and tips are unreal. Justin’s main tip is to sell your experience and focus on your customers.
Missed this insightful session with Justin? Watch Justin’s transformation of the Merivale group session HERE.
Key takeaways from the success of the Merivale group
- Customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal, so cater to their needs and provide a seamless experience. Give your customers an unforgettable experience with live music, events, and extended opening hours. Create unique and memorable experiences that set your business apart.
- Customer service should be the driving force of your business, with technology as a supporting tool. Your customers are your best marketing tool, so nurture them with care.
- Covid has provided an opportunity to reset and improve your business. Embrace challenges with determination and resilience.
- Think big, invest in your people, know your numbers, and trust your gut. Surround yourself with support and knowledge to empower your business.
- Believe in yourself and have confidence in your abilities because if you don’t, no one else will. If you don’t take risks, you don’t make diamonds. Back yourself when taking risks.
- Technology can facilitate your business operations, including payments, customer data, and booking systems. Continuous improvement and training are crucial for success.
- When it comes to funding, choose the right bank or lender that will support you through both the good and bad times. Build honest and open relationships with them.
- While margins are important, ultimately, revenue is what keeps your business running, so focus on driving sales and generating income.
Kelly Slessor, is an Ecommerce Coach and a digital marketing expert. Passionate about retail, hospitality and retail service providers. As the founder and CEO of Shop You, an AI powered personalised virtual shopping mall she has spent 20 years building retail technology that responds to customer needs, drives conversions and increases revenue. Over the past year she has worked with over 1000 retailers and hospitality providers. If you want discover more about digital growth and optimisation, work with me.