I was honoured to talk with Janine Garner, a best-selling author of three books and an Amazon number 1 best seller. She has been a business mentor for hundreds of business owners, leaders and companies, unlocking their potential. 🚀
She is extraordinary and brought an exciting and successful approach to networking and growing your business.
Missed this insightful session with Janine? Watch Janine’s Business networking for growth session HERE.
Download Janine’s Free resources to master the art of networking.
Key takeaways from Business Networking for Growth session
- Build meaningful relationships: Remember that business is not just about profits but about building relationships with people who can support and collaborate with you.
- Seek out different perspectives: Don’t just connect with people similar to you. Look for individuals who have different experiences and perspectives to learn from and broaden your understanding.
- Embrace networking: Business Networking can be transformational and help you feel less alone in your business. Don’t view it as a chore, and instead of feeling overwhelmed by a lack of resources, confidence and networks, make time for quality interactions that can lead to sales and growth.
- Reflect on your progress: Take time to reflect on where you are, where you want to be and who can help you overcome any roadblocks. As you grow, surround yourself with people who can help and support you.
- Identify the key people you need to know, including:
- Promoters are the ones who market, explore and inspire you.
- Spit crew are the ones who care about you and your well-being and balance you.
- Teachers are the ones who guide you and help you understand the steps to success.
- Butt kickers are the ones who keep you accountable, tell you the truth and accelerate your business.
- Focus on key relationships: 20% of customers can drive 80% of your revenue. Focus on optimising these relationships and turning them into influential cheerleaders for your brand.
- Don’t underestimate the value of your existing connections – be clear on your ask and ask your one key question. This can help to ensure that you receive the information or support you need and make it easier for the other person to understand how they can help you.
There are nine weekly masterclasses on Tuesdays at 12 – 1pm with some of Australia’s leading experts to share their knowledge on themes like digital channels, branding, storytelling and purpose-building with Australia’s leading experts and more.
Next Session: 9th May 2023; Networking for growth with Justin Hemmes, CEO of the Merivale group. Register for this session HERE.
Benefits of Business Networking:
Increased opportunities: Networking provides the opportunity to meet potential customers, partners, and collaborators, which can lead to new business opportunities.
Increased visibility: Networking helps to increase your business’s visibility and awareness in the market, which can lead to more customers and referrals.
Access to knowledge and resources: Networking allows you to connect with people who may have skills, knowledge, or resources that can benefit your business. This can include access to funding, industry-specific knowledge, or new technologies.
Building relationships: Networking provides the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with others in your industry, which can lead to long-term collaborations, partnerships, and friendships.
Brand building: Networking can help to build your brand and reputation within your industry. By attending events, speaking at conferences, and engaging with others in your field, you can establish yourself as a thought leader and expert in your area of expertise.
Learning opportunities: Networking events often feature speakers and workshops that provide valuable insights into industry trends, best practices, and new technologies. This can help you stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your field and improve your business’s performance.
Support and encouragement: Networking can provide emotional support and encouragement when you face challenges in your business. By connecting with others who have faced similar challenges, you can gain new perspectives, ideas, and advice for overcoming obstacles and achieving your goals.
Using Business Networking for Partnerships and Collaborations:
Networking is a powerful tool that can help businesses establish partnerships and collaborations. The process involves creating and nurturing relationships with individuals or organizations that can benefit your business in various ways. By attending networking events, trade shows, and conferences, businesses can connect with potential partners and collaborators who share similar goals and interests.
Networking is not just about exchanging business cards or pitching your products or services. It is about building meaningful and long-lasting relationships that can lead to mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations. When you connect with someone, you should aim to learn more about them and their business, listen to their needs and challenges, and offer your help and support in any way you can.
Networking can help businesses find new suppliers, customers, and investors, but it can also help them find new partners and collaborators. Collaborations can take many forms, such as joint marketing campaigns, co-branded products, or shared resources. By working together, businesses can leverage each other’s strengths and achieve more than they could on their own.
To use networking to get partnerships and collaborations, businesses need to be proactive and strategic. They should research potential partners and collaborators, attend relevant events and conferences, and build relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Networking takes time and effort, but the rewards can be significant, as partnerships and collaborations can help businesses grow, innovate, and succeed in a competitive market.
Benefits of Partnerships and Collaborations for ecommerce businesses:
Partnerships and collaborations are essential for the growth and success of ecommerce businesses. Some of the key benefits of forming partnerships and collaborations include:
Increased exposure and reach: Collaborating with other businesses provides access to their customer base and network, increasing the reach of your brand and products.
Cost-effective marketing: Collaborating with other businesses allows you to pool resources and conduct joint marketing initiatives. This can save costs and increase the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
New product development: Partnerships can lead to the development of new products or services, combining the strengths of each partner to create something unique and valuable.
Increased credibility and trust: Partnering with reputable and well-established businesses can help build credibility and trust with your target audience, increasing the likelihood of sales and repeat customers.
Shared resources and knowledge: Collaboration provides an opportunity to share knowledge and resources, which can help both parties to improve their operations and achieve common goals.
Diversification: Collaborating with businesses that operate in different markets or industries can help ecommerce businesses to diversify their offerings, reducing risk and increasing revenue streams.
In conclusion, partnerships and collaborations can bring many benefits to ecommerce businesses, helping to increase exposure, credibility, and revenue while also promoting innovation and growth.
Kelly Slessor, is an Ecommerce Coach and a digital marketing expert. Passionate about retail, hospitality and retail service providers. As the founder and CEO of Shop You, an AI powered personalised virtual shopping mall she has spent 20 years building retail technology that responds to customer needs, drives conversions and increases revenue. Over the past year she has worked with over 1000 retailers and hospitality providers. If you want discover more about digital growth and optimisation, work with me.